A Brief History…
Long Island Collection
Booklet - A Brief History of the First Presbyterian Church of East Hampton 1648 - 1998, The Presbyterian Church of East Hampton, 350th Anniversary, by Rev. John Ames
(35page pdf file)
Preacher Came to East Hampton in 1650, Rev. Thomas James Left Written Sermon Now First Published
East Hampton Star Article, written by Morton Pennypacker, June 30, 1933
Boulder Found , “Thomas James Dwelt Here 1652-1692” was found inscribed on a boulder unearthed on the site of Rev. James Home in 1955.
East Hampton Star, September 29, 1955, front page.
For more information on Rev. Thomas James visit the East Hampton Library’s Long Island Collection. A special collection and archive dedicated to the history and people of Long Island. What was once a room specially built in 1930 to house the personal collection of historian Morton Pennypacker, is currently a 5-room research and study area, containing a vast array of original, historic, as well as contemporary, materials that chronicle life on Long Island from the seventeenth century to the present day.